Search for content in message boards

Gragg-Gladney-Reid--Wheatley

Replies: 0

Gragg-Gladney-Reid--Wheatley

Posted: 8 Jul 2014 9:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gragg-Gladney-Reid-Wheatley- McCalla
I found my 3rd great grandfather's burial site in Harms, Tn in the Bethel Cemetary in Lincoln co., tn. He and his grandson both are buried here. His grandson was John Milton Gragg who was born in 1845.
John Gragg was born Jan. 3, 1777 in S.C. and married Jane Gladney in S.C. They, along with John's cousin Robert McCalla and family were in Gwinnett Co. Georgia by 1830. Then in Lincoln co., Tn, after 1830. From there they moved to Tipton and Shelby co., Tn.
Jane Gladney, wife of John Gragg, married Matthew Wilson after John Passed. I have looked for a long time to find Jane Gladney Gragg Wilson's burial site and did find who I believe to be her in Tipton Co., Tn. living with her youngest daughter Elizabeth Gragg Wheatley. The Tipton co., Tn. census 1860 shows a Jane Wilson, mother in law, living with Marshall and Elizabeth Wheatley and family but her age was garbled. Census says she was born in S.C. I believe this is Jane Gladney and I believe she is buried in the Old Salem Presbyterian Cemetary in Tipton co. where her son, John W. and Martha Jane Reid Gragg are buried.
I am looking to find the parents of Jane Gladney Gragg. She was born Jan.7 and I think she would have been born around 1786 in S.C. I tend to think her parents were Thomas and Nancy Agnes Gladney from Fairfield co., S.C.
Also, John Gragg had a son named Thomas Gladney Gragg. He was a witness to several transactions for his brother John in Lincoln co., and I also believe he witnessed John's will. He may have gone to Ms. or Alabama. The Gragg family was of the Presbyterian belief and where ever the congregation settled you will find that many of them came from S.C.
If anyone is related to this Gragg and Gladney family, I would really appreciate help with info.
Thank you,
Frances Gragg Warren

Find a board about a specific topic