Search for content in message boards

Bear Creek in Cedar Co ??

Replies: 16

Re: Bear Creek in Cedar Co ??

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 7:37PM GMT
In case you need them, I offer basic instructions for the BLM website below my reply....

The only “Day” listed in the BLM records for Cedar County is George W. Day, the record is dated 2 Apr 1860. I gave you a link to that record in my previous post. You can click on the image button to display an image of it, and you may also download a copy (free, but not certified). Click on the “related documents” tab and it will show you an accession list for that same piece of land. Very interesting, if you like that sort of information…Geo. W. is the only DAY listed in the Cedar Co record. They were not the only DAY family in the area, there is a Charlotte Day in St. Clair Co.

Have you checked the 1850 & 1860 Census records for Cedar and St. Clair Counties? Those may offer additional information, portions of this land changed owners. Perhaps George was named after an uncle or grandfather.

Instructions:
Go to: http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/
On the green bar at the top, click on search documents, Enter information into boxes and click on the orange search button at the bottom of the form.

Tip: Unless I need to narrow my search, I do not use whole names, only the surname.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
myark 22 Jan 2013 2:25AM GMT 
myark 4 Nov 2004 6:23PM GMT 
megan912muell... 4 Nov 2004 6:32PM GMT 
myark 4 Nov 2004 6:39PM GMT 
myark 4 Nov 2004 7:13PM GMT 
megan912muell... 4 Nov 2004 7:28PM GMT 
myark 4 Nov 2004 7:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic