Search for content in message boards

Jones-Hunt Cemetery records, correction for Nancy B. (Jones) Boswell

Replies: 1

Jones-Hunt Cemetery records, correction for Nancy B. (Jones) Boswell

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 3:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Boswell
Nancy Boswell, Jones-Hunt Cemetery, born 1829, died 1869.
Well, it was driving me crazy, but I figured it out! Nancy E. (should be Nancy B.) Boswell, born 10 Jan 1829, died 20 Apr 1869, was the wife of JAMES W. BOSWELL. (NOT George W. Boswell, his father) I am also writing to findagrave.com memorial maker for a correction.

Per the biography of James' brother, John H. Boswell, his father was George W. Boswell, died 1849 in Kentucky. And his other brother, George A. Boswell, married Emily A. (nee Jones) Parks, Nancy Jone's sister.

Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002
Name: James W. Boswell Marriage Date: 4 Mar 1846
Marriage County: Cooper
Spouse Name: Nancy B. Jones

To make matters more confusing, Emily Jones Parks Boswell... three husbands... married George A. Boswell's brother, Robert C. Boswell after George A. Boswell died. (see 1900 US census, it has Emily age 74, born July 1825, with Robert C. Boswell, married 21 years, 1879.) Here is part of that biography from history of BATES COUNTY, MISSOURI:

West Boone Township - John H. Boswell was born June 20, 1821, in Virginia on Roanoke River and is the fourth (*s/b first) of eight children of whom four are living. His parents, George W. Boswell and Mildred, nee West were of English origin. They emigrated to Kentucky when our subject was quite young, and where his father died in 1849. In 1856 John came to Missouri, settling in Cooper County...

Note: George W. Boswell died June 1849 in Kentucky, see 1850 US census mortality schedules. His widow, Martha Ray moved to Cooper County with his four children by Mildred West and her own four children.

DoreenMc@sbcglobal.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
doreenmc 30 Mar 2010 9:29PM GMT 
jfthoma 20 Sep 2012 1:53AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions