Search for content in message boards

Information on William Draffen is Needed

Replies: 5

Re: Information on William Draffen is Needed

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 6:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Draffen Douglass
I'm currently researching your Draffen line and would like to resolve an issue with the father of William Robert Draffen who you have noted was the son of Thomas Edward Draffen. From the book "History of Cooper County" by W. F. Johnson, pp. 754-755.
"Robert Thomas Draffen, a Civil War Veteran, and a member of one of the pioneer families of Cooper Country, was born in Kelly township, July 16, 1844. He is the son of William and Atlanta (McCullogh) Draffen, both natives of Virginia. William Draffen was born in 1820 and died in Moniteau township in 1906, on his home place, where he had lived since settling in Cooper Country in the thirties. His wife died in 1907, and their remains are buried at Pisgah. William Draffen was a son of Robert Thomas Draffen, who settled at Boonville at a very early date. He was a cigar manufacturer and also bought and sold tobacco."
This article names William (Robert) Draffen who married Atlanta McCullough as being the son of Robert Thomas Draffen, where as, your information shows Thomas Edward Draffen. I suspect the history article is the source of the confusion and it certainly wouldn't be the first time I have found a county history in error.
I would appreciate your thoughts.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joanne Koechner 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Lyle Cary 21 Aug 2001 1:38AM GMT 
Willy Phillips 28 Jun 2004 3:48PM GMT 
BillCook94 9 Dec 2012 1:51AM GMT 
Willy Phillips 28 Jun 2004 3:27PM GMT 
Roy Scholl 6 Sep 2005 5:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions