Search for content in message boards

Johnson Lincoln Hickman Family of Dade Co; MO.

Replies: 1

Johnson Lincoln Hickman Family of Dade Co; MO.

Posted: 13 Nov 2001 7:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jan 2002 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hickman, Walker
I am searching for information on the Johnson Lincoln Hickman family of Dade Co; MO.

He married Alta Malinda (Walker) Daughter of Amos James Walker and Martha (Love)

Johnson Lincoln Hickman born: July 9, 1865 Cedar Co; MO.
siblings:
Sophia, born: 1847 Cedar Co; MO.
Nancy J. 1851 Cedar Co; MO.
Alexander M. Jan 2, 1860 Cedar Co; MO.
Sarah 1863 Cedar Co; MO.
Johnson Lincoln
Charles Oct 20, 1870 Cedar Co; Mo.

Family story tells that Their Mother Elizabeth listed in census records with a William and Patsy as the heads of Household, came into Dadeville, in a covered wagon shortly after the Civil War, and had a family of children with her. All of the children listed above where already born and traveling with her.
She apparently died shortly after coming to town. And some of the children were marrying age and some were not.

Johnson Lincoln was only about 13 when he appears on a 1880 Dade County Missouri Census of Morgan Township as no kin to Joseph W. Carmack. Joe had taken Johnson Lincoln in and gave him an education. They lived in the town of Dadeville.

Elizabeth the mother we have no maiden name for, records indicate she was born in North Carolina , so where William and Patsy.

William born 1783 N.C. died 1869 Cedar County, Mo. married
Patsy Maiden name unknown also. born 1797 in N.C. died between 1860 and 1869 in Cedar County, Mo. also.

Elizabeth (maiden name unknown, husband's name unknown, but think could be John) born 1826 N.C. died about 1872 buried in Rice Cemetery, Dadeville, MO. no marker.

Also buried there is her youngest son Charles and his Wife Dollie (Walker) Hickman

Amos James Walker and Wife Martha (Love) Walker

My family is descendents of Johnson Lincoln

His son Lynton Harold Hickman was my father in laws dad
Lynton Harold Hickman Jr.
My husband is Lullel Harold Hickman.

Any information very much appreciated. I do have some family photos , but none of Johnson Lincoln himself. And none of his siblings or parents.

Please contact me if you have any information, on any of these families.

Lisa Hickman
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lhkmn41 14 Nov 2001 2:50AM GMT 
jhickman53 15 May 2013 3:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions