Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on families in Glennonville

Replies: 4

GLENNONVILLE MO

Posted: 25 Jan 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2001 2:18AM GMT
Glennonville was begun by Bishop Glennon (made Cardinal just before his death) as a Catholic community in the Bootheel and it was the second in Dunklin County MO. Most of the families came from Indiana. Bishop Glennon was bishop of the St. Louis diocese which included at least the eastern half of the now Cape Girardeau-Springfield Diocese. The church, the grade school and cemetery are named St. Theresa. About 1982 the Campbell Area Genealogical and Historical Society published a history book of Campbell which included the communities of Wilhelmina and Glennonville. After attending St. Theresa's the children are then enrolled at Campbell Public Schools unless the family sends them to a private Catholic school elsewhere in the diocese. The history book included several of the families you mentioned. Let me know if I can be of further help. My in-laws grew up in Campbell and I have the history book. There may be copies of it still available for sale from the society.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vkerperienrob... 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
jwscott 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
vkerperienrob... 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
dgirth 25 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT 
joycegto 26 Aug 2011 7:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions