Search for content in message boards

Jean Esther Southard and Beecher Edgar Chipman

Replies: 1

Jean Esther Southard and Beecher Edgar Chipman

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 3:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Southard, Chipman
Beecher Edgar Chipman is buried side by side with Jean Esther Southard at Doe Run Cemetary in St. Francois Co., MO.

Jean was not his wife. There's no intent to move Jean---she and Beecher died in a fishing accident on the night of 23 Apr 1959, and will remain together.

However, the information on their shared gravemarker is incorrect.

I'd like to learn more about Jean. According to her death certificate, her parents were Robert E. Southard and Lillie (England) Southard. I do know Jean had two sons by a man named Crader (first name unknown). She may or may not be the same Jean Southard who married Jearl Wright in 1937 in Dunklin Co.

I need Jean's correct birthdate (was it in 1913?) and the names of her parents. Supposedly Jean's father predeceased her. The only Robert Southard who died before her is a Robert F. Southard who died in 1945 in Maries Co., MO, but he was married to a Nellie. Still, they could be Jean's parents. Or perhaps Jean's father died in another state, so there would be no death certificate filed in MO.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. It would help bring closure to a very sad event.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
genealogist99 1 Dec 2010 10:14PM GMT 
Don Martin Th... 20 Mar 2014 2:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions