Search for content in message boards

RE: Burial location for William Logan "Logan" Gibbany 1876-1941

Replies: 1

RE: Burial location for William Logan "Logan" Gibbany 1876-1941

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 1:01PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Gibbany, Coffey, Wermelskirchen
William Logan AKA W. Logan AKA Logan AKA W.L. GIBBANY died January 30, 1941 at the State Hospital #2 in Saint Joseph, Buchanan Co, MO. His death certificate states his usual residence was Stanberry, Gentry Co, MO and he had resided at the hospital lfor 1y 8m 6d. The death certificate also states he was buried in Stanberry, MO on January 30, 1914. Funeral director was Laton F. Phillips of Stanberry, MO.

I believe the death certificate meant the body was removed to Stanberry, MO. I do not know which funeral home.

Logan was the son of William A. and Sarah "Rebecca" (Millsap) Gibbany who are both buried in Grandview East Cemetery Section H Row 8. Next to them is Logan's second wife Emma (Wermelskirchen) Gibbany who died six months after W. Logan Gibbany. She has a headstone but no death date on it.

Logan's two brothers also buried in Grandview East Cemetery.

Logan's first wife Lulu (Coffey) is buried in Hall Cemetery. They were married less than a year. She died in 1898.

His infant son Harold was buried in Hussey Cemetery.

I would think William Logan Gibbany is buried next to Emma in Grandview East Cemetery but he is not listed in Ben Glick's inventory, perhaps he is in an unmarked grave? Why would his wife have a stone but not him?

Any help with this puzzle would be appreciated!
Karen DaPra
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ddapra1 7 Apr 2013 7:01PM GMT 
judyartley53 26 Jun 2013 1:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions