Search for content in message boards

photos from Trenton, Missouri (looking for families they belong to)

Replies: 6

photos from Trenton, Missouri (looking for families they belong to)

Posted: 19 May 2013 10:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
When I find photos, Bibles, and etc. at antiques stores and auctions that have “lost” their families, I try to purchase them and find their family. I recently came across an album of almost all unidentified photos (62 photos total). Although the task of determining who the people are seems nearly impossible, many of the photos are identified only by the studio name and city/state the photos were taken.
All of the photos I have added to Ancestry on a tree titled “Items From Auctions - LOOKING for their families UPDATED 2013” I have added the photos by the towns listed for the studio (for example, the “name” of the person in the tree is listed as “unknown”, with the residence listed as “St Joseph MO” and ALL the photos for that town are listed in that “unknown” person’s media.
The locations identified in the photos are:
(8) – Beatrice, Nebraska
(1) DeSoto, Missouri
(1) Fairbury, Nebraska
(2) Galesburg, Illinois
(1) Grand Forks, North Dakota
(24) Marysville, Kansas
(1) Olney, Illinois
(1) Springfield, Illinois
(9) St. Joseph, Missouri (one identified as “Isabelle” and the other identified as F.A. Butterley)
(1) St. Louis, Missouri
(1) Trenton, Missouri
(12) unidentified location, but one identified as “Lewis Morrow Highfield”
If you would like to view the photos in case there is some that you may be able to identify, please send me an email at: aawm720@gmail.com and I will either email you the photos you are interested in, or if you have an ancestry account, I will add you as a guest to the tree so you can view the photos.
My goal is to get the original photos back to the families in which they belong, only recovering the cost I have in them (I do not make any money doing this; I only care about them getting back to their rightful family!  )
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alicia AW Mor... 20 May 2013 4:46AM GMT 
charliemike36 21 May 2013 12:42PM GMT 
ladygib 21 May 2013 4:40PM GMT 
idogenealogy 16 Dec 2013 2:54AM GMT 
sandrabrincke... 24 Dec 2013 10:37PM GMT 
idogenealogy 25 Dec 2013 4:33AM GMT 
alicegutshall... 10 Jan 2014 9:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions