Search for content in message boards

NICHOLS - GRUNDY COUNTY 1860s-1870s

Replies: 2

NICHOLS - GRUNDY COUNTY 1860s-1870s

Ken Nichols (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2003 2:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nichols
I would appreciate any advice or assistance in locating information about my following ancestors...

I have traced my Nichols line back to William Nichols. According to the 1870 census (Missouri, Grundy County Census) "Wm Nichols" was born about 1832 in Ohio. His wife is listed as Eliza, born in Kentucky. I'm not sure when the family actually came to Grundy County, but their oldest child is listed as being born in Missouri in 1861. The family is said to have left for St. Clair County, MO around 1871.

Additinoally, in the 1870 Census there is a listing for the James Nichols family (born about 1838 in Ohio) that lived next to the William Nichols. This family also had an older lady (maybe a grandmother?) living with them, Isabelle (born in Ohio). Maybe William and James are brothers? Either way, I would love to know if those names are listed too.

Does anyone have access to the 1860 Grundy County, MO census?

I haven't had any luck tracking the family prior to William or in locating where he may have been from in Ohio. Any suggestions are how to obtain this information is appreciated.

Thanks!
Ken Nichols
mizzoufans@msn.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ken Nichols 19 Aug 2003 8:00PM GMT 
BarbH 2 Dec 2003 2:10AM GMT 
jclemans 23 Jun 2012 11:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions