Search for content in message boards

Seek Eliza Wolfe Blessing/Blesing

Replies: 0

Seek Eliza Wolfe Blessing/Blesing

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 7:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Dec 2012 10:11AM GMT
Surnames: BLESSING/BLESING, WOLFE, WINNEY, BASFORD
I recently received an email which indicated that I might find my GGGGGrandmother Eliza Wolfe Blessing/Blesing residing for a time in Harrison Co., Missouri.

She was married to Abraham Blessing/Blesing of West Virginia where their last two daughters were born (Wyethe Co., West Virginia).

Eliza had died by 1839 when Abraham is signing for his daughter Elizabeth to marry in 1839 in Wisconsin. Eliza had never left the South.

Their last daughters, Elizabeth Jane Blessing b. 1822 in Virginia and Ann Eliza Blessing, b. 1826 b. in Wyethe County, Virginia (possibly called "Virginia" at the time) moved from West Virginia to Missouri, then to Grant Co., Wisconsin. Eliza Wolfe Blessing died before the family left the South. Abraham was traveling from the South to Wisconsin where his daughters married and established homes and families. Abraham Blessing then traveled by himself to the snow-born mountains of California.

Daughter Elizabeth married a man who was to become a Wisconsin state legislator, Luther Moulton Basford.
And Ann Eliza married William James Winney b. 1821 who became active in the Temperance movement of Grant Co., Wisconsin and was a Constable in the local area.

I have often wondered if we were related to the Greene Co., OH Blessings but I have no proof of this and no family history line before Abraham and his daughters.
I have no date for Abraham's birth or place of birth.

We have Indian blood and I am suspecting more and more that it originates from the Blessing line. Would love to know more substantial information.

Kathleen
LPurch6636@aol.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions