Search for content in message boards

WILL OF BRANNON, JOHN H., OF HICKORY CO., MO

Replies: 2

WILL OF BRANNON, JOHN H., OF HICKORY CO., MO

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 7:36AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 8 Jun 2005 4:08PM GMT
Surnames: Atkinson, Brannon, Campbell, Edds, Hogg
Research notes of Vicky [Nye] Dennis of Boone County, Arkansas has a copy in her files of John H. Brannon's Proof Of Will & the Will. TRANSCRIBED BY VICKY [NYE] DENNIS

PROOF OF WILL

STATE OF MISSOURI} IN THE PROBATE COURT
COUNTY OF HICKORY} VACATION SEPTEMBER 17, 1886

BE IT REMEMBERED, That on this 17th day of September, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eighty six, before me [looks like C J Essex] Judge of the probate court, hold in and for Hickory County and State of Missouri, personally appeared Thomas D. [not clear] and Benimon Edds who being duly sworn upon this oath, depose and say that they were present and saw John H. Brannon sign the forgoing instrument, purporting to be the last will and testament of the said John H. Brannon and heard him publish and declare the same to be his last will and testament, and that at the time of signing the same, the said John H. Brannon was of sound and disposing mind, and that his deponent and the other attesting witness subscribed their ? ? as witnesses to the same, in the presence of the testator, and of each other, and at the request of the said John H. Brannon.

C J Essex } Thomas D. Wrinkle
Judge at the Probate } Benimon Edds
Court Hickory County, the day and your }
First aforesaid C J Essex }
Judgee Probate Court }
Transcribed By Vicky [Nye] Dennis

WILL OF JOHN H. BRANNON OCTOBER 7, 1885 ~ TRANSCRIBED BY VICKY [NYE] DENNIS

I John H. Brannon of the County of Hickory and the state of Missouri being of sound mind and disposing memory do hereby make and declare this my last Will and Testament.

First it is my will that my beloved wife have possess and enjoy all of the personal property including chattels goods notes bonds bills money and all [looks like "choice in action"] during her natural life of which I may die possessed.

Second it is my will that my beloved wife have posses and enjoy all of the Real Estate during her natural life of which I may die seized.

Third it is my will that after her death that the said personal and Real Estate be sold and the proceeds divided as follows:
To my daughter Caroline E. Bridges the sum of one dollar to my daughter Amelia Ragland the sum of one dollar and to the heirs of my son James N. Brannon the sum of one dollar and to the heirs of my daughter Narcissa Wyat the sum of one dollar and the balance after ducting the said amounts above bequeathed be equally divided between my daughters Sarah F. Taylor Laura C. Brannon and my son Thomas G. Brannon.

Fourth it is my will that Edward N. Taylor of said County and State be and is hereby appointed the Executor of this my last will and testament and he is hereby authorized to see that the provisions of this will are in all respects carried out.

Fifth the forgoing devises are made subject to the payment of my funeral expenses and also to the payment of all my just debts. To witness where of I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 7th day of October in the year of our Lord one thousand Eight hundred and Eighty five.

his mark X John H. Brannon

Witness to mark Thomas D. Wrinkle

We attest the above and foregoing will by subscribing our names hereto as witnesses in the presents of John H. Brannon. The testator this the 7th day of October 1885

Thomas D. Wrinkle
[looks like Benison] Edds
Transcribed By Vicky [Nye] Dennis
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
VDennisAR 17 Dec 2003 2:36PM GMT 
JoelHutto 7 Mar 2013 9:40PM GMT 
mjeffers 8 Mar 2013 9:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions