Search for content in message boards

Crains, Darta Aquilla Crain, Melissa Crain Matthews, Mary Greene and family info sought

Replies: 7

Crains, Darta Aquilla Crain, Melissa Crain Matthews, Mary Greene and family info sought

Bob Pittman (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2005 6:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crain, Matthews, Greene
I'm seeking to reconnect with descendants of several Crains who were living in the Peace Valley area of Howell County in the late 1940s and previously: Darta Aquilla Crain (he may also have gone by Aquilla or A. Crain) and Melissa Crain Matthews. They were siblings of my great-great-grandfather, Alfred Monks Crain, and mentioned in his obituary in Dec. 1949. The three were among the offspring of Dennis Darta Crain, a Baptist minister who homesteaded in the Bakersfield area of Ozark Co., Mo., in the 1870s, and died in 1901 in Stoddard Co., Mo. Due to an estrangement three generations ago, my branch of the family knows very little about these early generations of Crains and would love to hear from anyone who has information or who is related. I'm also eagerly seeking to contact Mary Greene who has posted on these boards about the Crains and seems to be related to me -- she formerly used the e-mail address elfina1@yahoo.com but must have changed e-mail addresses in the last few years. Of course, I'm also very willing to share the information that I have. Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bob Pittman 27 Mar 2005 1:47AM GMT 
TLangAdams 27 Mar 2005 3:23PM GMT 
Robert Pittman 27 Mar 2005 8:38PM GMT 
TLangAdams 28 Mar 2005 2:01AM GMT 
Robert Pittman 28 Mar 2005 4:12AM GMT 
rporter3162 26 May 2013 8:12PM GMT 
TLangleyAdams... 28 Mar 2005 1:30AM GMT 
Robert Pittman 28 Mar 2005 4:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic