Search for content in message boards

Enoch EVANS in JCMO - 1850's w/mother Lucinda

Replies: 3

Enoch EVANS in JCMO - 1850's w/mother Lucinda

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 8:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: EVANS, ELLIS, SMITH
Have been searching endlessly for Enoch Evans and his family for many years. His mother was Lucinda ? Evans. I suspect she may have ties to the many Smith families living near them in the 1850 Federal Census for Jackson County, MO.

Enoch next appears in the 1854 Voter List for Kickapoo, Leavenworth County, KS; the 1860 Federal Census for Kickapoo, Leavenworth Co., KS, and that's it. I can't find any other record for him. I don't know if they went West at the earliest pre-Civil War battles began, or if they simply hid, or what.

Next, Enoch's daughter, Mary Ann, appears in JCMO, marrying John Caldwell Ellis in Nov. 1871.

I can't find either family, the Evans or the Ellis, in the 1870 Federal Census. Missouri continued to be incredibly violent after the War, that I can also envision them moving around a LOT.

Thanks for any and all hints or clues. Have the line from Mary Ann and John Ellis forward to present, it's just getting the beginnings that's so hard.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PatticakeinMO 15 Nov 2012 3:40PM GMT 
kcdave64 29 Nov 2012 2:18AM GMT 
PatticakeinMO 29 Nov 2012 2:50PM GMT 
DKCDAVE 29 Nov 2012 4:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions