Search for content in message boards

Trying to locate ggrandmother moore

Replies: 1

Trying to locate ggrandmother moore

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 10:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore
We are trying to locate the name of our ggrandmother Moore. Our ggrandfather was Samuel Patrick Moore. He was born in Kentucky around Louisville. We have been totally unable to find his wife's name. Our grandfather was William Bruce Moore and he was born in 1878 in Louisville. There were other children although we never knew any of them or anything about them. Their names were John, Patrick, Walter, Allie and Suz. Our ggrandfather divorced his wife and married a much younger woman. The story we are told is that she lived for a time with our grandfather(Bruce) and our grandmother and then moved to Carthage, Mo to live with or near her brother. We assume since none of the other children were in Muskogee, Oklahoma where Bruce and his family and also where Samuel lived, these children must have been in and around Carthage. I know this is very little information to go on. We didn't even know until about 3 yrs ago that Samuel was buried in an unmarked grave in Muskogee, Oklahoma where all our other relatives are buried. My 4 brothers and my sister and I have just had a headstone made for his grave. The story is that the family didn't put a headstone on his grave because he had divorced his first wife. My grandfather paid for his funeral but would not pay for a headstone. The family was very poor and probably ggrandmoher's family in Carthage were also very poor from what we can gather. Any help with this puzzle will be appreciated.
thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nanagibx6 24 Jun 2002 4:16AM GMT 
nancy_rangel 21 Feb 2013 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic