Search for content in message boards

Martha Ann Carter

Replies: 4

Re: Martha Ann Carter

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for responding! Martha Ann Carter is buried in Seminole Co Ok under Annie Carter Kimes. She was born 8 May 1878 in Fannin or Gilmer Co Ga and died 5 Aug 1964. Her father was Berry Carter born 1847 in Polk Co Tn. Her mother was Elizabeth Carter born around 1840 in NC. She is buried in Chelsea Ok and her tombstone says she was born in 1838 but I don't think she knew for sure when she was born. Martha Ann was married twice. First marriage was to John Reno born 1870 Ill and the 2nd one was to Arch Kimes and I don't have his birth or death dates. I have a picture of Martha Ann Carter with her half brother John Stover(my 2nd great grandfather) and I believe that Martha Anns descendants may have more info on Elizabeth than I do. Also something else I should mention is that Martha Ann went by the last name of Greer or Grear while in Fannin Co Ga. Elizabeths first husband was James Greer and after her husband died in the civil war the rest of her children were born out of wedlock so they went by Greer until they left Ga. Again, Thank you for your help!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
castle4horsma... 7 Feb 2013 5:20PM GMT 
thomasker2 9 Feb 2013 4:26PM GMT 
castle4horsma... 9 Feb 2013 9:38PM GMT 
castle4horsma... 9 Feb 2013 9:39PM GMT 
castle4horsma... 9 Feb 2013 9:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic