Search for content in message boards

My Grandfather, James Benjamin French, b Mar 22, 1892 in Syracuse, Missouri, married Grace Catherine Stults

Replies: 1

My Grandfather, James Benjamin French, b Mar 22, 1892 in Syracuse, Missouri, married Grace Catherine Stults

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: French, Stults
I'm looking for the French and Stults families of Jasper County, Missouri and connections to Oronogo and Mineral Township. My Grandfather founded Black Hills Power & Light in Rapid City, South Dakota and was responsible for the electricity there. He had worked in the electric business from age 17 at Kansas City Gas Works.He only went through the fourth grade and then had to help feed his 8 brother's and sister's. I think the sister's may have been Nettie and Mattie or something like that. He had to mine ore, coal and also mined gold in the Black Hills. He married Grace Catherine Stults of Oronogo, Missouri in 1916 and we were always told that her Father owned one of the largest mercantile stores there. We were also told that she studied opera and was of a high standing in the society pages. There was a Stults that mined silver and had something to do with the railway which had a plant for the electric railway in the area. If any of this sounds familiar or you have any information, please contact me at casmith247@yahoo.com. Thank you very much! Maybe some of this will help someone else too.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
casmith247 7 Jan 2014 8:18AM GMT 
KathySidenstr... 15 Jan 2014 10:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions