1818 William Nichols m Rhoda Martin
Web: RootsWeb Marriage Records Index
Name: William Nichols
Marriage Date: 1818
Marriage Place: Mercer, KY
Marriage Record for Rhoda Martin
Spouse: William Nichols
Date: 8 Jun 1818
County and State: Mercer Co. KY
Notes: BOND DATE: May 13 1818
U.S., Civil War Pension Index: General Index to Pension Files, 1861-1934
Name: William Nichols
Widow: Rhoda Nichols
Roll Number: T288_349
Birth: May 1, 1795
Death: Oct. 11, 1876
Newport Hoosier State
Thursday, October 12, 1876
Death of an Old Pioneer
William Nichols, who resides 2 miles northwest of this place, died at 10 o'clock yesterday morning after a lingering illness of several weeks. Mr. Nichols was born in Virginia in 1804, and moved to this county in 1831, having been a resident of this county for 45 years, and among the early settlers of this township. He had been a strict and faithful member of the U.B. Church for many years, died in the faith of an immortal home beyond the grave. His remains were followed to the Thomas Cemetery this morning by a large concourse of warm and sympathizing friends.
Will Abstract, Vermillion County, IN
Book 2, Page 435-437
William Nichols, Sr., Vermillion County, IN
Written March 16, 1876
1. To my beloved wife Rhoda Nichols, all the personal property.
2. After the death of my wife, all my personal property and real estate is to be sold. The proceeds shall be equally divided among my children and their heirs; all the children of my deceased children shall have the same together that their father or mother could have been entitled if living, except my son James Madison Nichols, to whom I have advanced a deed for his full share, and $500 he has obligated himself to pay to my other heirs.
3. I appoint my son James Madison Nichols Executor.
Written September 4, 1876
1. To the heirs of my deceased son Manford Nichols $526.
2. To the heirs of my deceased son John Nichols $526.
3. To the heirs of my deceased daughter Rachel Carmack $526.
4. To the heirs of my deceased daughter Elizabeth Weller $526
5. The total of $526 has already been advanced to my other children.
6. Said amount is to be paid out of the first proceeds of my property. The residue is to be equally divided among all my heirs, except James Madison Nichols, who has received his full share, that is each heir of the children of each heir shall have 1/8 part.
Recorded October 27, 1876
Rhoda Martin Nichols (1798 - 1881)
James Madison Nichols (1819 - 1889)
Rachel Nichols Carmack (1822 - 1860)
John M. Nichols (1823 - 1859)
Elizabeth Nichols Weller (1826 - 1848)
Emily Nichols (1829 - 1842)
Fanny Nichols (1829 - 1852)
Jane Nichols (1832 - ____)
William Nichols (1835 - 1875)
Nancy Nichols (1837 - 1848)
Note: Married Rhoda Martin June 8, 1818 in Mercer County, KY
Created by: Carolyn Schwab
Record added: May 10, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 69639948