Search for content in message boards

Holden House for the Aged, Madison Tp., Johnson Co., MO

Replies: 32

Re: Holden House for the Aged, Madison Tp., Johnson Co., MO

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 5:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tanner
Thank you for your offer but I think I am currently at a standstill again. This is what I have been able to learn from the Archives at Community of Christ. My grgrandfather, Jonathan Tanner joined the church in 1889 (RLDS). His death date is recorded as Feb 16, 1923 but no place of death given nor a burial place given. Holden was a large gathering spot for Church of Christ (diff. denomination with similar roots). It is thought the Holden Home was RLDS (but not positive). The Mound Grove Cemetery may be the most likely place of burial. The Missouri Archives searched all the places available to them for a death certificate for Jonathan and found none in Johnson Co. nor the state of Missouri. They suggested that the death may not have been reported. Assuming the death date is correct (which I have no reason not to believe) then it appears as if his death was not reported if he died in Missouri or else he died elsewhere (not seeming too likely if he was in the home in 3 yr. prior). This is where I am now at. Thanks everyone.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ElaineCulling... 25 Oct 2012 1:32AM GMT 
MamaKin88 25 Oct 2012 1:48AM GMT 
ElaineCulling... 1 Nov 2012 11:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions