Search for content in message boards

I am trying to determine the location of a 'Lebanon Grammar & High School' photo which appears on an early 1900's postcard.

Replies: 18

I am trying to determine the location of a 'Lebanon Grammar & High School' photo which appears on an early 1900's postcard.

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 11:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
It is a large three story brick building with 3 sections. The two side sections have three rows of 5 single windows. Across the top of the windows [just below the flat roof line] is white trimwork in the shape of squares, each outlining a white diamond shape in the center.

The center section contains the double front doors. Above the doors is a group of 3 windows that open with 3 smaller windows above them that do not open.

It looks like a possible church exists to the left of the building (facing the front door). A vacant lot is between the two buildings, though the photo was taken when the roads were still dirt, so the possibility of the lot still being vacant is slim. I think this may have been a playground area at the time, because it looks like a swing set frame is on the vacant lot close to the church looking bldg.

If anyone is familiar with the appearance of this school, would you please contact me so I could share a copy for comparison?

There is also a Lebanon located in Boone County, and perhaps this school is located there. This postcard was among Jefferson County items and the signature on the back is of a family that always remained in Jeffco and would not have lived in either LeClede or Boone County that we know of.

Once the correct county can be determined, we can explore possible family connections in that area.

Thanks, Kay
MehdiFakhar@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KayFakhar 17 Apr 2008 5:50PM GMT 
Slowpoke46 30 Jan 2010 7:54PM GMT 
KayFakhar 15 Feb 2010 10:19PM GMT 
Slowpoke46 15 Feb 2010 10:41PM GMT 
Slowpoke46 21 Feb 2010 9:48PM GMT 
Charlene Tind... 23 Feb 2010 4:34PM GMT 
Charlene Tind... 23 Feb 2010 5:24PM GMT 
cvt1977 1 Mar 2010 4:37AM GMT 
boston_mtns 2 Mar 2010 7:43AM GMT