Search for content in message boards

Need to know what this surname might be: Dedica, Dedike?

Replies: 3

Re: Need to know what this surname might be: Dedica, Dedike?

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 9:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Masonbrink, Dedeke, Dedica, Masenbruik
I have been researching grgrandfather William Henry Masonbrink. In 1860 census (Saline County, Salt Pond Township, he lived with Henry Dedican,age 50, Mrs Mariah, age 50 and Henry Dedican, age 21. In Lafayette County MO Probate Court Records Henry Dedeke was the Guardian of William Henry Masonbrink, heir to father, Heinrich (Henry) Mesenbring's estate. I have death certificate (Saline County, Salt Pond Township) for Henry Dedeke that I believe was the son in the 1860 census. It lists his birthplace as Germany with parents Henry Dedeke and mother, Dora Mesenbrink(both born in Germany). I also have St. Paul's Lutheran Church Baptism listings showing an 1841 baptism of Dorothea Wilhemine Christine Dedeke.
In St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Concordia, MO records for Johannes Heinrich Wilhelm Mesenbring, the sponsors are listed as F. Dedeke, H. Hartmann and H. Franke. Dorothea Dedeke and Dorothea Hartmann are listed as sponsors for Caroline Dorothea Blinde. The page I have lists baptisms from 1841 to 1850, so your information may be on a different page.
On Find A Grave website there are three markers with three different spellings, but may all be related. Heinrich Dedecke (b. 27 Nov 1837)listed of son of Heinrich Dedecke and Dorothea Mesembring indicating church records spell name Dedeke. An older person Heinrich Dedeke (b 16 Feb 1805) which has him married to someone different then Dorothea Mesembring (Masonbrink) and Heinrich Deneke b Dec 1804. The first two buried in Holy Cross Lutheran Cemetery and the oldest (Deneke) buried in Saint John Cemetery. Both are in Emma, MO.
I would appreciate access to any info on the Masonbrink's (Messenbring, Mesenbring, Mesenbrink, etc.)that you may have. I
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jehdld 22 May 2012 7:05PM GMT 
JaneOerding 23 May 2012 4:02AM GMT 
pwilk39 2 Feb 2013 4:54PM GMT 
thomasker2 21 Mar 2013 6:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic