Search for content in message boards

Alice BILYEU married 1 Alfred TITTSWORTH; m2 Jasper N. BROTHERS

Replies: 2

Re: Myrtle N. TITTSWORTH dau. of Alice BILYEU & Alfred TITTSWORTH; step-dau of Jasper N. BROTHERS

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 5:20PM GMT
Classification: Query

Myrle (Nora Myrtle Tittwworth) is my great-grandmother. I am not sure if you are still receiving messages or interested.

She told me her mother was a Cherokee Indian, (or at least half Cherokee) but that they kept this a secret.

Myrtle was a very outspoken devout Christian from her middle years on.

I am interested in hearing about her family. Aside from hearing that she told me her mother was Cherokee, married "off" to an older man by her parents, and that Alice delivered babies. This was all I was told about her, and this came from Myrtle as she called herself.

I was told Alice's husband is buried in CO.

My Grandmother Barbara Alice Reese
Steelman - the middle name was after her mother. I have a copy of the picture that is posted online showing Myrtle as a young girl by a cabin and her mother.

She did visit Mexico twice a year and married Charles Falvey, I knew him as my Great-Grandfather. His nick name was "Tiny".

Her daughter Lavinia (spelling) I was told was married to a John Parker, who shot Lavinia. I have a jewelry box that my great-grandmother gave to me that was Lavinia's. I always wanted a photo of her.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marykayward14... 25 Jul 2002 1:01PM GMT 
marykayward14... 25 Jul 2002 1:13PM GMT 
dwdavid31 25 Jun 2012 11:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic