Search for content in message boards

David Stickley family of Mt Vernon Township

Replies: 2

Re: David Stickley family of Mt Vernon Township

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have the actual pension file from the Archives in DC. He was not killed in battle and the first pension was cancelled. He was left for dead at the battle of Chickcamonga and captured as a prisoner. He was paroled prisoner at camp ohio and released home with an honorable discharged. He was still injured severely with a musket ball lodged in his neck. He and wife Nancy settled in Missouri which was a puzzle to me but didn't know about the land there. He died from pneumonia and Nancy received her second pension. All is documented in the Proof as to death portion of the pension file. I found it fascinating as can you imagine him showing up after the war when he was reported dead! He also said in the papers that he would rather be dead to stop the pain of his wounds. So sad. Any help in finding his grave is appreciated. Thanks for the Nancy land info...put that puzzle together on why settle there? Thanks, JoAnn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JRStickley 22 Aug 2012 1:46AM GMT 
rcameron49 23 Aug 2012 11:27PM GMT 
JRStickley 27 Aug 2012 11:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions