Search for content in message boards

Early settlers Parson's Creek: Kentuckians + GIBSONs

Replies: 2

Early settlers Parson's Creek: Kentuckians + GIBSONs

Posted: 5 Jul 2013 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2013 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: GIBSON, RUPELL, MOSER, KIRBY, SINGLETON
I have two questions which I am basing, in part, on a paper in my files titled: A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets Past and Present of Linn County, Missouri; it was compiled by Arthur Paul Moser.

Quoting: "Quite a settlement sprang up on Parson's Creek, in what is now Jackson Township in 1838, some settlers dating earlier. The Kirbys, Singletons, and others came from Kentucky. It may be mentioned here that Linn County was principally settled by Kentuckians.

Question: Does anyone have knowledge of the county/counties from which these Kentuckians originated?

Quoting from a section about Parson's Creek Township: "The first school taught in the Gibson Settlement (location not given) was by a Mr. Rupell".

Question: Does anyone have additional information about these GIBSONs or their place of origin?

Of note: Parson's Creek is now Meadville, MO.

My interest is in discovering the names of the family members of Harry Henry/Henry Harry GIBSON b. 1885/6 in Parson's Creek, whose father was b. in Kentucky and mother b. Tennessee. Suggestions appreciated. Thank you for reading this.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
grizziesgirl 5 Jul 2013 7:09PM GMT 
thomasker2 5 Jul 2013 8:45PM GMT 
grizziesgirl 5 Jul 2013 9:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic