Search for content in message boards

Joseph Slagle

Replies: 2

Joseph Slagle

Posted: 31 Oct 2006 12:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for descendents of Joseph Slagle and his many wives. Joseph was born 1810 in Augusta Co. VA. Died 1895 in Livingston Co. MO. Joseph was the youngest child of George Slagle and Catherine Koiner/Coiner.

Joseph was notorious in Livingston Co. MO. He had 5 known wives and I think maybe more. Catherine Long, Catherine Stone, Sarah Littlepage, Elizabeth Crawford, Charlotte Parent. They all died young except for his last, who out lived him. He committed the first murder in Livingston Co. MO.

Out of his nine known children, only four lived long enough to have children of their own.

With Catherine Long he had:

Julia Slagle born 1835, she married James Franklin Belshe of Linn Co. MO. Julia died at the age of 25. I know her line has many descendents.

Columbus Slagle born abt 1835, he married Emma Sprung. Lived in Minnesota. Columbus was a Dr. I lost him in my research in 1900 in Minneapolis MN.

Not sure of Mother's name but Joseph had a daughter names Susan born abt 1848, she married William Henry Turner. She is buried in Livingston Co. MO.

Joseph's last child born to Charlotte Parent, Joseph Lee Slagle born abt 1870 married Bertha ?. I lost him after the 1920 Sedalia, Pettis Co. MO census. He was listed as a Tractor Salesman.

Thank you
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ReyndaBrown1 31 Oct 2006 7:21PM GMT 
jrcalifornia1 30 Mar 2009 5:57AM GMT 
MommyAdams2 18 May 2012 12:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic