Search for content in message boards

GREGORY

Replies: 5
Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gregory, Cook, Mann
Hi all,
I wanted to share my latest bit of info on Nathan Hall Gregory.

Turns out I was following the wrong Nathan Hall Gregory! Kathy Stevenson, jkastevenson@msn.com, posted on our NHG's find-a-grave site and got me straight. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=58...

I know this is the right guy now because my grandfather, Marvin Sherwin was born in Bodie. Oddly enough the Bodie Gregory house turns up on lists of haunted houses, http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ca-bodie2.html. Some of the last inhabitants of Bodie were NHG's wife Catherine and their son Spence Gregory, so it could be Mrs Gregory knitting that afghan. The Gregory house is also home for the CA State Park Rangers through the winter.

Our NHG's parent are Manloff Robertson Gregory and Frances Abigail Mann. He and his brother Manloff Washington Gregory continued on from Livingston Co to California and settled in Bodie.

Nathan Hall Gregory
Powell's Parish, Currituck County, North Carolina 19 Nov 1841
Manhoff Robertson Gregory
Frances Abigal Mann
M Catharine Cook 8 Feb 1876 Carson City
North Carolina and Missouri, Bodie, California

Source Citation: California State Library; Sacramento, California; Sacramento County, California, Pioneer Index File (1906-1934), A-Z, California History Room: MICROFILM 734; Roll Number: 44.

Now if anyone can tell me who Frances "Fanny" Abigail Mann's parents were - that would be great!

Best,

Clara McKenzie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carolyn Robinson 29 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Sue Jones 31 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
robbiejenning... 19 Jul 2001 1:41PM GMT 
clara_mckenzi... 13 May 2002 5:52AM GMT 
Cynthia Lee 14 Mar 2005 2:15PM GMT 
claramckenzie... 12 Jun 2012 4:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions