Search for content in message boards

Macon County Gipsons

Replies: 1

Macon County Gipsons

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gipson, Dishman
Just a couple of notes on Robert L. Gipson/Gracie Smith descendants in my line that I usually see a lack of info on...
Robert's son Nathan Jay Gipson is usually listed as having died in 1860. Not only did Nathan live through that year, he was alive and well, living in St. Clair County, MO on the 1870 census, listed as N J Gipson. He died before 1880, I believe, as I can't find him on that census, and see no indication he moved out of state with any of his children.
Nathan's daughter, Polly Ann Gipson (b ca 1842) was actually named Mary Ann Gipson. She married Basil Howell Dishman in Macon County, MO in 1864, and gave birth to four children (the youngest in 1873 in St. Clair County, where her parents were) before becoming widowed ca 1868 in Ray County, MO. Mary Ann then married Thompson Burress in Carrollton, MO in 1879 and had two more children. Mary Ann died in 1931 and is buried near Hardin in Ray County.

Anyone wanting info on this line or wanting to share Gipson info from this clan, please contact me.

Rusty Creed
Mexico, MO
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
creedelsa 14 Jan 2013 9:09PM GMT 
davidtodd42 14 Jan 2013 11:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions