Search for content in message boards

Madison Co. California Mining Company list

Replies: 1

Madison Co. California Mining Company list

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 10:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edward Evans, G. Hay, Wm. Allen, W. P. Daguire, N. Daguire, Wm. B. Daguire, F. B. Daguire, A. Daguire, C. Y. Buford, J. J. Matthews, G. Williams, J. Winebarger, Tom Johnson, John Waggoner, Jms Hill Jr., Fred Wernecker, Peter Beeve, J. Wharton, H. A. Cox, Wm. Aikman, Isaac Taylor, Wm. Priest, H. Deguire, Ed Craddock, D. Onesime, Martin Toney, Henry Sharpe, Jesse Chilton, and the following 13 Robinsons, John L., Sara, J. B., Emiline, Elizabeth D., Sarah A., Mary M., Martha L., John L. Jr., Wm. J., Helen D., Francis M., and Isabella
Here is a list of the members of the Madison County California Mining Company I came across a few years ago. I have seen a journal entry that leads me to believe that there were others that traveled with this company to their destination. It included the mention that two Compton boys that were along, when they arrived in Oregon, decided to keep on going, by themselves, and see the Pacific Ocean, and along their way they were accosted by some Indians and robbed of everything they had.

Edward Evans, G. Hay, Wm. Allen, W. P. Daguire, N. Daguire, Wm. B. Daguire, F. B. Daguire, A. Daguire, C. Y. Buford, J. J. Matthews, G. Williams, J. Winebarger, Tom Johnson, John Waggoner, Jms Hill Jr., Fred Wernecker, Peter Beeve, J. Wharton, H. A. Cox, Wm. Aikman, Isaac Taylor, Wm. Priest, H. Deguire, Ed Craddock, D. Onesime, Martin Toney, Henry Sharpe, Jesse Chilton, and the following 13 Robinsons, John L., Sara, J. B., Emiline, Elizabeth D., Sarah A., Mary M., Martha L., John L. Jr., Wm. J., Helen D., Francis M., and Isabella.

I have an idea that my wifes ancestor, George Washington Compton, may be a brother to those two Compton boys. George was b. ~1825, married in Platte Co. MO in 1848, had a child there in 1849, and was in El Dorado County CA in 1850.

Also in 1850, and also in El Dorado Co. CA, were those 2 Compton boys.

Later in the 1850's a bunch of those 2 boy's relatives were also in El Dorado Co and also some other CA counties, all from Madison Co. MO.

If anybody seeing this post can possibly help me associate the two Compton boys and George Washington Compton, I would be immensely grateful.

Compton, Tong, Tongue, Evans, Hay, Allen, Daguire, Buford, Matthews, Williams, Winebarger, Johnson, Waggoner, Hill, Wernecker, Beeve, Wharton, Cox, Aikman, Taylor, Priest, Deguire, Craddock, Onesime, Toney, Sharpe, Chilton, Robinson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
debelling 27 Mar 2014 4:38PM GMT 
debelling 29 Mar 2014 6:24PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions