Search for content in message boards

Hauenstein-Williamson marriage 4 Feb 1890

Replies: 2

Hauenstein-Williamson marriage 4 Feb 1890

Posted: 22 May 2013 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hauenstein, Williamson
I'm looking for information or lore on the 4 Feb 1890 marriage between William H. Hauenstein and Mary F. Williamson, noted here at the Miller county musuem website:
http://www.millercountymuseum.org/marriages/miller_bride_w.h...

I believe the groom in this marriage is likely Wm H Sr, b. 1822, as his son is married at that time, and if that is the case I believe Mary F. Williamson might be my 3rd great grandmother, Mary Arthur Williamson, b. 1826, Scotland, who after a flurry of 1880s deaths in Chicago (her husband Alexander B, a blacksmith; a daughter, Mary Arthur Williamson Clark; and two grandchildren) joined her adult sons (Thomas, James, Alexander & David Williamson) who were working the 320 acres her husband had purchased in Miller county, land patent #37253, on 1 Aug 1859, just 4 years after the family emigrated from Scotland.

Though the family lived in Chicago for twenty years, by 1880 the adult sons are farming in Jim Henry, Missouri; and they stayed on for decades, marrying and raising families in Miller county.

Family lore says my 3rd great grandmother remarried and died in Miller county, and so this marriage record is a tantalizing clue, but I can find no other record of her as either Mary Williamson or Mary Hauenstein. On the 1900 census William H Sr., listed a widow, is living with his daughter, so if the marriage existed it was brief; of course, they both would have been in their sixties in 1890.

Many thanks for any help!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jdesaul_1 22 May 2013 10:09PM GMT 
thomasker2 29 Jun 2013 7:15PM GMT 
kehokk 25 Jul 2013 4:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions