Search for content in message boards

Connection to Monroe Co. Bryan Family to Rebeccah Bryan Boone

Replies: 11

Re: Connection to Monroe Co. Bryan Family to Rebeccah Bryan Boone

Posted: 14 Jul 2014 9:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Enochs, Bryan, Strode, Boone, Davis, Smith, White, McGee, Bradley, McMurtry
I believe the David Enochs who was a witness to Joseph Bryan, will 1804 Jefferson co KY, was a Thomas David Enochs, wife Nancy Ann Bryan. NO positive proof. This couple had a son, David B (Bryan?) Enochs who was born 9 Jan 1796 Rowan co NC, d 21 Nov 1858 Monroe co MO. Dates from his memorial on Find A Grave. Also it is listed that Nancy died in Monroe co MO.

There is an family tree on RootsWeb for Nancy Ann Bryan b 1766 Rowan co NC, d 1836 Monroe co MO. This family tree is entered by Tom Hamm, Jr; tree is tittled Ham/m. In the information on this tree is this: 2004: Info from Betty McCammon, bettymccamon@@charter.net: 19 Nov 1786: Letter from Samuel Bryan to his brother Morgan Bryan, Jr, near the end "Our Nancy and Thomas Enochs are married" Rev. John Shane collection, Franklin, KY Historical Library. Also in Bryan Family Papers, National Presbyterian Library, Philadelphia, PA. ++ I believe that Nancy Ann Bryan was the daughter of Samuel Bryan & Elizabeth McMahon. With Nancy being the Ann who is named as an heir in Samuel Bryan's will written 15 Aug 1798 Rowan co NC. Bk D pgs 121-22-23.

Joseph Bryan, son of Morgan Bryan & Mary Forbis, & wife Esther Hampton, had several of their family that moved to Boone co & Monroe co MO. One son, Morgan, had a will in Monroe co MO. Monroe co MO, Will Bk B pgs 4-6 1 Jun 1850/1 July 1850. In his will he names nephew Joseph Bryan, son of Ezekiel, nephew Joseph's son, Morgan Franklin Bryan, his brothers: Enoch, David, Ezekiel & William. to William's son, Morgan Savon Bryan; heirs of John Powers; brother George Bryan's heirs; brother James Bryan's heirs, sister Mary White's heirs. Exec: James L McGee.

James Lacy McGee was Morgan's brother-in-law, who had married 2 of Morgan's sisters. Ezekiel & Susanna Bradley Bryan are my line.

There are "lots" of family trees on RootsWeb that has a Rebecca Bryan married to a John Boone. Rebecca's parents are mistakenly listed as Morgan Bryan & Martha Strode. I believe this Rebecca was not a Bryan. But was a Davis, the daughter of Myrick/Merrick Davis & Sarah Smith of Rowan co NC. No Positive proof of this. Need to find a will or deed to prove this. With John Boone being the son of Benjamin Boone. NO positive proof on this. I do know that this Rebecca was Not a daughter of Morgan & Martha Strode Bryan.

I have the book on the Bryans that you co-authored, plus several by David McMurtry & others. Very good reference books to have. So much information in them. It really helps to have them.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DeeAKirby 6 Mar 2009 1:51AM GMT 
jimnail83 6 Mar 2009 5:17AM GMT 
RockMiller 6 Mar 2009 5:48AM GMT 
dadpat 6 Mar 2009 1:02PM GMT 
RockMiller 7 Mar 2009 2:10AM GMT 
wsenochs 25 Jan 2014 12:01AM GMT 
RockMiller 25 Jan 2014 5:38AM GMT 
dadpat 7 Feb 2014 12:22AM GMT 
DFranks1 14 Jul 2014 3:47PM GMT 
dadpat 6 Mar 2009 12:47PM GMT 
per page