Search for content in message boards

Monroe County Historical Society

Replies: 10

Monroe County Historical Society

Posted: 17 May 2012 2:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I tried using the Monroe County HistoricalSociety for some information on my great great uncle who lived in Monroe County. He was married there, I do have the marriage license, his child was born there, I have her birth certificate and he was buried there in St. Judes cemetery, ( i have a picture of his grave). I contacted the Monroe County Historical Society for a copy of his death certificate and/or obit and sent in the required amount. I heard nothing for a month. When I finally called, I was told they lost everything. I had to give her all of the information again. Still heard nothing, so I called again. THis time I was told they had been waiting for my call because they were not allowed to make long distance calls. They couldn't find anything, so I had to give the information again. Still didn't hear from them so I called today and was told they couldn't find anything. She told me he was not even in St. Judes cemetery, even though I have a picture of the tombstone and his name on a list of people buried there. They couldn't find his daughter, or that he had even married there. I actually had more information than they had.
I have used our Ohio Historical Society and have always at least been called back when they can't find anything. These people at Monroe County were a joke. And when I told them that I had a picture of his grave her attitude was that I was lying. She even hung up on me. Oh well, you live and learn. I will never use them again.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
megthered 17 May 2012 8:23PM GMT 
Carol_Piatt 17 May 2012 8:53PM GMT 
patrickalexan... 8 Jun 2012 10:21PM GMT 
KenMcGee47 18 May 2012 3:07AM GMT 
garylmaize 18 May 2012 11:08AM GMT 
megthered 19 May 2012 3:24PM GMT 
DFranks1 12 Oct 2013 7:34PM GMT 
megthered 12 Oct 2013 11:12PM GMT 
DFranks1 12 Oct 2013 11:56PM GMT 
megthered 14 Oct 2013 4:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions