Search for content in message boards

Elisha Taylor/ Leannah Garner

Replies: 3

Re: Elisha Taylor/ Leannah Garner

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Burkhead, Walker, Morris
Hi Deborah, If you are still out there....Elisha's brother, Jeremiah, is my 2nd ggf. He was 14 and listed as an 'orphan' in 1837 when their father, John Taylor, dec'd. Elisha was guardian over Jeremiah, but he made a petition to the courts to go with his brother, Whitson B, mentioned in the Probate records of Versailles, Morgan, Missouri, Whitson Burkhead Taylor. John may have been widowed as wife Nancy Burkhead Taylor was not mentioned at all. I do not know which family Gpa John was from, but our family has rumors that his father was Thomas, the son of Richard. They lived in Tyrrell, NC and never moved but the counties changed and they were in Martin, Pitt, Granville, Edgecombe. They have been difficult to trace. My Jeremiah and Whitson B, both went to Prairie Grove, Washington, Arkansas and remained there. I understand John and Nancy Taylor also had a James; Nancy and Elizabeth, who may have stayed in Tennessee w/ the Burkheads if Nancy did die there. Connecting lines; Burkheads, Taylors, Morris's, Goodwin's, Walker's, came from Boynton, Mecklenburg, Virginia. lulaTaylorThomasson lulat34@gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1dstib 29 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
davidbeasley2... 15 Dec 2012 4:44AM GMT 
davidbeasley2... 15 Dec 2012 4:53AM GMT 
davidbeasley2... 5 Apr 2013 3:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions