Search for content in message boards

THE SIX FAMILY CONNECTIONS

Replies: 4

THE SIX FAMILY CONNECTIONS

Walter M. (Dan) Six, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SIX, SKINNER, BOWERS, HARMON, EDWARDS, FLEMING, HERNDON, MINOR, SHOWMAN, NIDEY
THE SIX FAMILY CONNECTIONS (Will share information)
I am very interested in finding information on my relatives from Keokuk, Davis Counties, Iowa. My grandfather was CHARLES HENRY SIX and grandmother MAMIE GRACE SHOWMAN. Mamie Showman had married WILLIAM BOWERS having children Violet, Timothy, Foilet, Rose, John and Freeda. Freeda and John E. were adopted by Charles Henry Six during his marriage to Mamie. Believe MAMIE GRACE SHOWMAN'S parents were ? SHOWMAN AND ? HARMON. Believe CHARLES H. SIX's father was a WILLIAM DANIEL SIX Who lived most of his life in PA, Il, and MO. Mother? His grandfather was also called WILLIAM SIX - had to connect. Borthers and Sisters?
MAMIE GRACE SHOWMAN was born in Hedrick, Iowa 1889? CHARLES HENRY SIX was born in IL. in 1869. They had children Walter M., Charles E. and Bertha Six. Am having trouble tracing the SHOWMAN, HARMON AND BOWERS and SIX Surnames.
Mamie went on the marry WILLIAM EDWARDS, no children. They were all farmers and migrated back and forth to Keokuk County, Davis County, to Adair County, Kirksville, Missouri and Back. Believe they operated a farm in Sigourney, Iowa for a period of time. Both died in Ottumwa, Wapello County, Iowa. Charles H. was killed by a train in 1956. Mamie Grace died in Elsies Nursing Home in Ottumwa, Iowa abt. 1959. Not sure of her brothers, sisters, parents? She was buried in Bethel, Iowa.

Also the Six Name is difficult to trace as most search engines bring up anything associated with the number 6 not the Surname. Anyone know the SIX SURNAME ORIGIN? Any suggestions?

I am also looking for a possible lead to my Grandfather on my Mothers side. His name was DAVID R. SKINNER. I am looking for CHARLES SKINNER who married MARGARET HERNDON whose father was from Spain. They lived on a Platation in Virginia and had several slaves. They moved to the Newton Co. area of Missouri. They moved on to Trenton Missouri where Charles had a large farm and was a Judge in the Courts for two terms. They had a daughter named Isabel who married Elijah Minor in 1860 in Trenton when she was 15 years old. She died 3 years later at the age of 18 (1863). I am trying to see if their is a connection to my Granfather DAVID R. SKINNER whose parents, and other ancestors I can not find.

I am working on the Six Family Connections and have found several branches which I am searching for information on ancestors and/or descendants. Most of the names have associations with WAPELLO, DAVIS, MONROE and KEOKUK Counties, Iowa. I am from Ottumwa, Wapello Co., Iowa. Many migrated from PA. and VA. to OH., IL., MO., and IA. I have 1000 names connected so far, but am always looking for more information. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, and I am willing to share anything I have in exchange concerning Connections to the SIX Family. Please contact me via e-mail at (wmsix@vegas.net) Good hunting and thanks. WMS
(ADMIN Note: The above e-mail address has been bouncing as of 11/7/1999)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Walter M. (Dan) Six, Jr. 11 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Del Flowers 7 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
mariannenave2... 20 Jan 2008 11:35PM GMT 
stanleyjyoung 23 Mar 2013 8:53PM GMT 
MarianneNave5... 24 Mar 2013 4:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions