Search for content in message boards

Bartlett Yancey (may appear as J) UNDERWOOD of Rockingham NC

Replies: 0

Bartlett Yancey (may appear as J) UNDERWOOD of Rockingham NC

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: UNDERWOOD, BRINCEFIELD
Trying to find out what happened to BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD (husband of Minerva Brincefield, also of Rockingham Co. NC) and connect with direct male descendants in this Underwood line.

Bart born cc 1815 in NC, wed Minerva Brincefield in Rockingham NC on May 4, 1843. They stayed in NC for a short period, adding Mary Ann, Thomas Jefferson, Worth A., Dallas, and Minerva Jane to their family. Then they moved to MO (some evidence they intended to go to TX but only made it as far as Woodside, Oregon, MO). They added more children to their family: Brown and Missouri (female)*, James, Frances (female),and Davis Washington.

(there were TWO Missouri Underwoods in the vicinity. The other one married a Fowler. Her mother was named Hannah, not Minerva).

The last paper evidence I have uncovered was Bartlett's Oath of Allegiance. This occurred in Missouri on March 23, 1863. He is not present in the 1870 census. Minerva is living with her some of her children in Piney Wood, Oregon MO and son Thomas Jefferson Underwood was listed as head of house.

What happened to this BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD?

Hoping to make contact with one of his descendants.

I am trying to determine if Missouri BARTLETT UNDERWOOD was related to our BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD of GUILFORD COUNTY, son of George and Nancy Underwood. Our Bart fought for the NC47th Infantry Co C, wed Emma Medlin of Wake County, raised his family in Wake, and died in Johnston County, NC.

I will share any and all I have and find. Need help from OREGON, MISSOURI UNDERWOODs!

VJ Jordan

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions