Search for content in message boards

Osage County -- Grantor/Grantee Index

Replies: 1

Osage County -- Grantor/Grantee Index

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 11:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for a helping hand from a researcher who has worked with Osage county land records. My cousin and I just discovered that our g-g-g-grandfather, Thompson Stickle received a warrant for federal land in Osage county (Twp. 44, Range 7W, to be precise) in 1848. This was big news to us, since we have always believed that he lived and died in Ohio. We'd like to learn more about this land transaction, which took place in 1848. Our current thought is that he applied for the patent and quickly resold the land. If so, there should be a record of a land sale. (Right?)
Naturally, the relevant records don't appear to be digitized, and they aren't available online.
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who is familiar with the land trade in Osage county during the 1840s and 1850s, especially if you have had 'hands on' experience with the records. And I would be incredibly grateful if a fellow researcher in the area would volunteer to do a quick scan of the 'grantor/grantee' indexes the next time you are at the court house, to see if Thompson Stickle shows up.
Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
stickle111 21 Nov 2012 6:57PM GMT 
danette125 23 Nov 2012 1:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic