Search for content in message boards

Donohue Family

Replies: 0

Donohue Family

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on the Donnohues who ended up in St Genevieve MO in the late 1700s and early 1800s. The original migrant was Joseph O'Donnohue who came from Ireland (Sligo City?) to Canada around 1765. He is said to have married Eliza Nortan of Bucks County PA in 1770 but may have been married to an Ann Naughton. At any rate he ended up in PA where his son son Joseph Daniel was supposedly born. They later moved to St Genevieve and had two other sons, John and Thomas and two or three daughters, Ann who married John Duvall in 1799 in MO, Rebecca who married Thomas Wright, and supposedly Sallie who married a Pettit. Joseph Daniel was born In 1776 and married Jemima Hazelrigg and then Elizabeth Chorn. John supposedly had a grandson in California but the family letters don't mentioning else. Thomas was a prominent Baptist minister and supposedly had a son named Joseph. I have found land records showing them near St Genevieve as far back as 1810 and church records showing them there even earlier. I believe my ancestor Janes T (Thomas?) Donnohue may be a descendent of these folks, particularly Thomas. I believe his mother, who I think was named Permilia or Pamela and may have married a Brown later in life, was married to one of Thomas's two sons. I am trying to locate the descendants of James T who was married to an Elisabeth Cissel in Perry County MO then to a Sarah Parker who bore my gggrandfather Commodere who was born in Perry County. He had a sister named Missouri and a brother named Van Horn. If Anyone knows anything related to these folks, please let me know. Thank you!

Find a board about a specific topic