Search for content in message boards

Gevert Monsees/Mary Kahrs Family Portrait-taken in Sedalia early 1900's by Latour & Scherer

Replies: 1

Gevert Monsees/Mary Kahrs Family Portrait-taken in Sedalia early 1900's by Latour & Scherer

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Monsees, Kahrs, Wahlers, Kastens, Gehrs, Bluhm, Bolte, Schluesing
One of my cousins sent me an unidentified family portrait which he had "inherited" from my aunt. He wondered if I could ID it. I finally determined that it was the Gevert Monsees/Mary Kahrs family. Gevert and Mary are my 2nd gr. grandparents. Gevert Monsees (1835) and Mary A. Kahrs 1841 had 10 children-6 males and 4 females. In this picture, all the children appear to be over 16. Gevert has a full white beard and hair and Mary has white hair as well. The children, year born, and spouses are:

CATHERINE 1860--m. Frederick E. Wahlers Catherine is my great grandmother
JOHN LOUIS 1862-- m. Christina L. Kastens
MARTIN PHILLIP 1865--m Catherine (Kate) M. Gehrs
RUDOLPH HENRY 1867--m. Christina (Tina) Bluhm
MARTHA (MATTIE) 1869--m. John Bolte
EDWARD AUGUST 1871--m. Lena Preuss
HARRY DAVID 1874--m. Tillie Ringen
FRANK SAMUEL 1876--m. Bessie Bluhm
MARY (MAE) ANNA 1879--m. John Schluesing
LAURA MATHILDA 1885--m. Dennis L. Bluhm

I would imagine this photo has been well circulated around Pettis and Morgan Counties. Is there anyone out there who have these people in your tree, and perhaps have this family portrait? And is there anyone who could identify any of the children? Especially the daughters? Standing on the back row (left to right) is a blond daughter wearing a dark dress with large, white bodice, a light blond son, a dark blond son, a brunette son, a dark blond son and a light blond daughter wearing a suit. Seated on the front row are Gevert on the left end, a brunette son, a brunette daughter, a son wearing a light suit, and Mary on the right end. If you think you know by my sketchy description who any of this family is, please let me know. I have a mission to label as many pictures as I can.

Also, are we allowed to send pictures as an attachment to this board? I have to think of Plan B.

Thanks,
Laura McCabe

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lmccabe17 26 Sep 2013 10:50PM GMT 
maryann4071 12 Feb 2014 4:49AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions