Search for content in message boards

Adella (Della Stone) Smith Dau. of Fred and Hazel

Replies: 5

Re: Adella (Della Stone) Smith Dau. of Fred and Hazel

Posted: 22 Jan 2014 7:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Springer, Reed, Stone
Della M. (Smith) 1st married a Springer, then married a Reed, then married Clarence Stone in Sedalia, MO. Della and Clarence are buried together in Otterville, Cooper County, MO. As far as I can tell, all of the marriages took place in Pettis County, MO, but I have no information on the one who's last name is Springer, nor the Reed. I could not place a marriage certificate to figure out who either of them were. I just know she married and divorced (Springer) at around age 15 or 16, then somewhere after that she married the (Reed) because on her marriage certificate to Clarence (Stone), her last name at time of marriage was Reed.

Hazel Smith that was married to Fred:
This is what it seems like to me... in the 1940 census I found Fred Smith (Hazel's Husband) in prison in Jefferson City, MO. I also see that their son, Norman D. Smith, was in a state hospital. I have no idea what happened to Hazel after this, nor can I find her in the 1940 census. BUT:

In 1942 I found a record for Hazel Smith (not sure if this is the same one, though) that married Mason Morgan in Sedalia, MO. Hazel and Mason Morgan are buried together in Crown Hill Cemetery in Sedalia, MO Pettis county. My thoughts are everything fell apart in her life with her husband going to prison and her son going to the mental institution and she met Mason Morgan and married him in 1942, possibly while Fred was still in prison, but I don't know for sure if the Hazel Smith that married Mason Morgan is the same woman I am looking for.

Another thing.. would I be able to find out why Fred went to prison? Do you know if records go back that far or who I would need to contact?

Thanks once again for all the information you are providing and all of your help!

PS. The last family you mentioned (Della, Coy, Edna, John and Hubert) are not my family members. I was here in Missouri when my grandmother (Della) passed away in 1993, and was buried in Cooper County Missouri.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
yina1 20 Jan 2014 1:16AM GMT 
thomasker2 20 Jan 2014 7:36PM GMT 
yina1 22 Jan 2014 1:59AM GMT 
thomasker2 22 Jan 2014 1:44PM GMT 
yina1 23 Jan 2014 2:52AM GMT 
Cuacualcuixtl... 14 Jun 2014 7:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions