Search for content in message boards

Siems in Prairieville, Pike, Missouri 1954-1955

Replies: 2

Re: Siems in Prairieville, Pike, Missouri 1954-1955

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 5:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for the reply. Is this a part of your family as well?

This piece of my family puzzle is interesting as an elderly aunt left some paper scraps with some family data on it. I am taking the names and trying to put togther the family associations which is made more difficult as family members took in nieces or grandchildren that are appearing in census but with different family members than written. I love having this paper scrap to at least have some names to work with. Next to Albert was written fire due to tryst which made no sense until I came to Flora's death certificate that indicated extensive burns.

I love these little notes of genealogy left on small scraps and backs of envelopes. Seems that was kind of a family trait on both sides of my family. I'm sure they are laughing at me now as I get out the secret decoder ring to decipher the clues.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time and providing the sources of the information you provided. I am still fairly new to this but have learned well to use others information with a grain of salt and a place to start, but many suprises await when you get in to the documents. By the way New St. Marcus Cemetery was once called Wilbur Park and it is in South St. Louis Missouri. I was suprised to learn that families would go to the cemeteries and use them like a park with picnic lunches and places to take a stroll. Interesting I thought.

Thanks again,

Kristie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
quintanabreez... 9 Feb 2013 4:03AM GMT 
davidtodd42 9 Feb 2013 6:51AM GMT 
quintanabreez... 9 Feb 2013 12:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions