Search for content in message boards

Jordan family - Missouri - 1840-1850

Replies: 2

Jordan family - Missouri - 1840-1850

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 9:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: bartlett, sterling
Working blind on this so any clues greatly appreciated..

I am trying to figure out who a RICHARD T. JORDAN, from Missouri, is related to.. no info on him to start with. I assume he was born about 1820 in MO.

In 1849, he married an Eliz. Bartlett, in Pike Co., who I believe is the dau of Sanders and Margaret Hobbs Bartlett. family was living in Pike county. Saunders died in 1880 and stayed in MO.

As of 1850, only Sanders/Saunders and wife, Nancy (2nd wife) are listed on census with William and James, children.
So Elizabeth is not with family, I am not able to find Richard and Eliz Jordan in 1850..

In 1860, a gs, Sanders Jordan b. 1851 is living with Sanders and family . so I am assuming Richard and Eliz had died.. Eliza might have died in childbirth in 1851, Richard???

Can anyone help me figure out what happen to Richard or who he is related to?? I have attached a short bio on gs, Sanders Jordan, who is John Sanders Jordan, who was a lawyer..

Birth: Aug. 7, 1850
Missouri, USA
Death: Jun. 8, 1917
Arkansas, USA

buried: Corning Cemetery Corning
Clay County
Arkansas, USA

From A History of South East Missouri (published about 1890):

J. S. Jordan, prosecuting attorney, was born in Pike County, MO., August 7, 1852, and is the son of Richard T. and Elizabeth (Bartlett) Jordan. J. S. Jordan was reared in Pike Co., Mo., until fifteen years of age, and then after roaming around for several years, finally located in Reynolds Co., Mo., where in 1876 he was elected prosecuting attorney, and filled that position in an able and efficient manner for eight years. In 1877 he chose for his companion in life, Miss Minerva L. Farris, and the fruits of this union were four children, all but one now living and are named as follows: Anna A., Olie H. (deceased), Jesse E., and John L. In 1886 Mr. Jordan was elected prosecuting attorney of Iron County, and in 1888 he was elected city attorney, which position he still holds. He is a member of the I.O.O.F., and is also a member of the K of H.

any clues greatly appreciated..
sheilah
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sab54 19 Jul 2013 3:36PM GMT 
thomasker2 20 Jul 2013 8:54PM GMT 
Laurie Angel 20 Jul 2013 9:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic