Search for content in message boards

Bell & O'Haver Burials - Payne Cemetery?

Replies: 0

Bell & O'Haver Burials - Payne Cemetery?

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 6:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bell O'Haver
Searching for date of death and place of burial for Robert Bell, his wife, Catharine and their daughter, Mary Ann (Bell) O'Haver.

Robert & Catharine removed to Greene Twp., Polk Co., Missouri about 1863. They are listed in the 1870 & 1880 census records for that place. Mary Ann & her husband, Joel, also moved to Polk county around the same time. Mary Ann died shortly after arrival. Family tradition states she is buried in Polk county, but the cemetery name is unknown. Joel O'Haver moved back to Illinois, between 1863-1865.

Mary Ann & Joel's son, John, remained in Polk county - he married and had 1 child. In 1884, his wife, Arrena (Jenkins) and daughter, Lanne, died. John died the next year, aged about 28. According to their death records, all 3 are buried in Payne cemetery.

I would guess that John O'Haver's mother, Mary Ann (Bell), and his grandparents, Robert & Catharine Bell, are buried in the same place, however, I have found no record of this.

Can someone please tell me where Mary Ann, Robert & Catharine are buried?

Thank you

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions