Search for content in message boards

Hardister/Carpenter/Collin/Lackey

Replies: 0

Hardister/Carpenter/Collin/Lackey

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2001 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hardester, Hardister, Helms, Carpenter, Collin, Lackey, Thompson, Elems
Can anyone help to clarify ANY of the following? The 1840 Pulaski Co. Census shows Samuel HARDISTER and his family as residents. The 1850 Census does not show Samuel, but does show an Elizabeth (HELMS?) HARDISTER and her children, along with Wm. LACKEY (family connection or simply a boarder?). Samuel is believed to have died in the Waynesville area between 1840-50 (no confirmation of this, however). The same census shows Solomon CARPENTER and a Nancy CARPENTER (wife?). Others in the house are Lucretia COLLIN, Mary COLLIN, Catherin COLLIN, and Davis and William COLLIN...OR are these children actually CARPENTER? For around 30 or so years, using information from census records and a civil war pension file for Henry HARDISTER, we have worked on connecting Samuel HARDISTER (father) and Henry HARDISTER (son), but nothing conclusive. The Civil War file shows that Henry HARDISTER married 4 times before his death during the war: Margaret THOMPSON, Mary CARPENTER, Catharine CARPENTER, and finally Sarah ELEMS. Henry's only confirmed child is Henry HARDISTER (Jr? - believed to be my g-grandfather) by Mary, and possibly a Martha HARDESTER by Margaret. Except for Henry and Margaret's marriage and birth of Martha, all other references above are believed to have occured in Pulaski County ca 1840-1855. My apologies for being so lengthy, but I could really use some help! Also,I have a "bit" of information to share. Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic