Search for content in message boards

Robert Francis Dore

Replies: 1

Robert Francis Dore

Posted: 21 Oct 2008 11:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dore, Reighley, Sanders
Thank you for looking that up for me, Ron. I am responsible for putting most of this Dore family stuff on the internet, and have the Dore Family Tree online at Ancestry. I would like to know if there are any county or city birth records for Robert or any other Dore family members. Do Perry records exist? Was there a newspaper at that time in Perry?

His mother was Anna Laura Reighley born Indian Creek Settlement and baptized at St. Stephen's. Parents Robert Floyd Reighley and Henrietta Eliza Calhoun. The Reighley / Railey / Raley family is prevalent in the area, as Robert's father and several siblings migrated from Kentucky around 1846.

There are several good genealogists studying the Reighley family, so I have been able to find out quite a lot about Anna Laura's family.

The oral history that I have heard about Frank Dore is that his parents came from France through Canada, and he was born in Boston, MA. Mother said she had heard that the Dore's had loads of other children as they travelled all over the country. Why Frank chose to stay "in the area" (of Ralls County) at the young age of 14 is a mystery, and the parents names are lost in time. I am hoping that somewhere there is an official record stating that Frank either changed his last name (and from WHAT) or his parents names show up somewhere.

I have photos of Frank and Ora and the younger half-siblings (11 of them) of Robert and Laura, but have not been able to get in touch with most of their children. I have written to Laura's grandson and to Martha's son occasionally, but hope to find other family members and more oral and written history about this family.

Joy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jwinet 21 Oct 2008 5:15PM GMT 
jwinet 17 Jan 2014 11:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic