Search for content in message boards

Will of Isaac McKown, Sr.

Replies: 1

Will of Isaac McKown, Sr.

Posted: 18 May 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: McKown, Clutter, Craven, Long, Russell
Know all men by these presents that I, Isaac McKown, Seignior, of the county of Ray in the state of Missouri, here on this thirteeth day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty-one ordain and make this my last will and testament, as follows, to wit: first I bequeath and will to my beloved daughter Mary Craven fifty dollars of the proceeds of my property at my death. Second I bequeath and will to my beloved daughter Edy Clutter one dollar at my death. Thirdly I bequeath and will to my beloved Elizabeth McKown fifty dollars at my death. Fourthly I bequeath and will to my beloved Feeby Long and Sarah Russell one dollar each at my death. Sixthly I will and bequeath to my beloved sons Samuel and John one dollar each at my death. Seventhly I will and bequeath to my beloved son Isaac the following real estate lying and situate in the county of Ray and state of Missouri as follows, viz.: the south quarter of the east half of the southwest quarter of section number twenty-eight in township number fifty-four of range number twenty-eight; also the southeast quarter of the southwest [qr?] of section number twenty-eight in township number fifty-four of range number twenty-eight containing forty acres--also the north forty of the east half of the northwest quarter of section number thirty-three in township number fifty-four of range number twenty-eight (forty acres) also a part of the west half of the northeast quarter of section number thirty-three in township number fifty-four of range twenty-eight supposed to be fifteen acres more or less by a line running south of it, also the northwest quarter of the northwest quarter of section number nine in township number fifty-three of range number twenty-eight containing forty acres, and my wool carding machine and all of the stock and property on the place consisting of horses, cattle, hogs, farming utensils and all the moveable property upon the place-to have and to hold the same in fee simple after my death. Eighthly I will and bequeath to my two grandchildren Joseph and Preston McKown, sons of James W. McKown, the following real estate lying and being in the county of Ray in the state of Missouri, viz.: the east half of the southeast quarter of section number four in township number fifty-three of range number twenty-eight containing eighty acres, also the south forty of the east half of the northwest quarter of section number thirty-three in township number fifty-four in range number twenty-eight, also part of the W 1/2 of the northeast quarter of section number twenty-eight in township number fifty-four in range number twenty-eight supposed to contain fifteen acres more or less lying south of the before mentioned line, and lastly it is my will that all my just debts be paid, and after that, that my property and real estate remain as above bequeathed.

In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal on this the day and year first written. Isaac McKown [His signature] Witnesses: P. T. Petty and S. M. Harriman

Know all men by these presents that I Isaac McKown, Seignior, of the county of Ray in the state of Missouri do on this the fifteenth day of January in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty-two make this codicil to the within my last will and testament as follows to wit: It is my will and wish and I do hereby revoke and make null and void that part of my said will that bequeaths to my two grandchildren Joseph and Preston McKown, sons of James W. McKown, the following real estate lying and being in the county of Ray in the state of Missouri described in said will as follows, to wit: the east half of the southeast quarter of section number four in township number fifty-three of range number twenty-eight containing eighty acres, also the south forty of the east half of the northwest quarter of section number thirty-three in township number fifty-four in range number twenty-eight, also that part of the west half of the northeast quarter of section number twenty-eight in township number fifty-four in range number twenty-eight, supposed to contain fifteen acres more or less being south of the before mentioned line-and bequeath and give the same to my beloved son Isaac McKown, Junior, upon the following condition: that the said Isaac McKown, Junior, pay to the Joseph and Preston McKown aforesaid the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars each when thay shall arrive at the age of twenty-one years with six per cent interest on the same from the date of my death. Now therefore if the said Isaac McKown shall fail to pay the money as above specified the said to remain as first bequeathed to my grandchildren Joseph and Preston McKown. In testimony whereof I have [hereunto set my hand and seal on] this fifteenth day of January 1852.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Judy Fee 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
ChesterDavis3... 11 Jul 2001 11:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions