We are from the Fletcher line. We are having problems finding any information of my gg grandmother, Rebecca Tarwater (b. abt 1790). The only time I see a Rebecca it's associated with a McGuire. I am beginning to think she married a McGuire before marrying David Fletcher (b. abt 1784), my gg grandfather.
Here is a timeline of events that may help someone.
1. Thompson Settlement Baptist Church records show Dowdle Rowland and Rebecca Fletcher were received into the church by experience in 1806. We have information that Rebecca Tarwater and David Fletcher were married in 1806 in Indiana. This means she is about 16 years old, not old enough to have been married before??
2. In 1807, Dowdle Rowland and Rachael Rowland (wife) were received by letter into the church. Rachael is the daughter of George Fletcher.
3. Sept. 21, 1811, Rebecca Fletcher and Rachael Rowland dismissed from the church.
4. Sept. 1812, George Fletcher requested a letter of dismission from the church.
5. March 7, 1812, Rebecca Fletcher and Rachael Rowland received into the Little Cedar Grove Baptist Church, 6 months after leaving the Thompson Settlement Baptist Church.
6. May 2, 1812, David Fletcher received into the Little Cedar Baptist Church by experience.
7. March 6, 1813, George Fletcher received into the Little Cedar Grove Baptist Church, 6 months after leaving the Thompson Settlement Baptist Church.
8. March 5, 1814, David Fletcher and Wife, Judy McGuire, Rachael Rowland received a letter of dismission from the church. Looks like from here, they eventually end up in Ray County, Missouri.
9. Sept. 2, 1814, George Fletcher applies for a letter of dismission from the church. We have found no information on George after leaving the church.
Question: With the above information, does anyone know anymore about Rebecca Tarwater Fletcher??