Search for content in message boards

Lawson family of Reynolds Co. Mo

Replies: 4

Re: Lawson family of Reynolds Co. Mo

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 8:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Tamber Busby Barton is my ggaunt. Her brother was Albert Orville Busby (my g grandfather). Their father was William Steve Busby. Story tells he moved family up from Texas in 1850's. I would like to know about their mother,(William's wife) or any other family member. I have a family story told to us many times by our "old timers".
My grandpa always said,"Levi Barton was the meanest man ever to walk in Oregon County Missouri. "
One night Levi and Frank Busby, Tamber's brother, were drinking in Levi's house. Frank started getting baligerant and began saying how he was going to cut Tamber's hair. Since Tamber was a devout southern baptist woman cutting her hair would have been a disgrace. After a while of Frank going on about it and Levi telling him he wasn't, Levi pulled his side arm on Frank. As Frank was unarmed, he went to his car to get his gun. As he came back in, Levi shot him thru the screen door. Frank died in the house almost immediately after.
That is all I know about her. I do know that for some reason, she lived with my g grandmother Mary Jane Sweeney Busby and Albert Orville till she married Levi Barton. Many of us thought she was their daughter till we did the math. Mary Jane was born in 1888. Tamber was born in 1893. She died in Phelps Missouri in 1986. I never met her.
If anyone has any info on Tamber's parents or info on Mary Jane Sweeney b.1888 in Ky d. 1966 Earlton, Neosho County, Kansas. I think Mary Jane might have been adopted and had a sister that was adopted as well.
You can email me @ susiebusby72@gmail.com
Thank you
Susie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol Johnson 8 Aug 2006 8:45PM GMT 
Carlene 10 Aug 2006 5:21AM GMT 
carol johnson 10 Aug 2006 11:13AM GMT 
Carlene 16 Sep 2006 8:40PM GMT 
maredithbusby 21 Aug 2012 2:23AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions