Search for content in message boards

Haulcroft, Hollcroft, Holecroft, Holcroff, --I would really like to know

Replies: 1

Haulcroft, Hollcroft, Holecroft, Holcroff, --I would really like to know

Andrea Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haulcroft
I am looking for the name of my ggg grandfather. I have so little info. to work with that I doubt anyone can help me but I will hope so. I do know that in 1868, my ggg grandmother came down from Doniphan to north eastern Arkansas. She brought with her three young sons. My ggg grandfather had passed away at Doniphan we believe. My ggg grandmother was traveling with some people who stole her wagon, family bible, and everything so we have no records from her. Anyway, the problem is the three boys were guessed at being 7, 3, and a baby. Their birthdays were made up so we can not be sure of their ages. The oldest said their last name was Haulcroft. However there are no records anywhere that I have found containing that last name. Since many people spelled phonetically and the child was only 7 and may have been unable to talk plain, I believe the name was Hollcroft or another variation. Anyway, I do know that the three year old's name was John--He is my gg grandfather. I have access to his brother's names as well if anyone can help me. I have been trying to come up to Doniphan and look but due to health problems and school I just can not. I hope someone can help me find the origin of my grandmother's maiden name. It would be wonderful to solve a mystery that has been in our family for more than 100 years. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Andrea Thompson 21 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
marverci 1 Jun 2013 2:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions