Would like info abt. ancestors of the following Scott Co. residents:
Richard Finley b. abt. 1803 in Ky. and died in Scott Co., Rebecca (maiden name possibly Griffith) Finley who was Richards wife.
Their eldest son Robert Wood was probably born in Scott Co. and I am looking for info on his 1st wife Lucy Irvin. Lucy died during the Civil War in or around Commerce. Robert later married Julia Riggs who lived past 100 yrs. of age and was well known in the Commerce area.
Robert Wood Finley's son Richard Montgomery Finley farmed outside of Benton and was married to Nannie Elizabeth Stone. Nannie was the daughter of Parham Stone and Elizabeth Walker and I am seeking info on their ancestors.
The following is info that I've gathered. I hope it will help you all find someone you are searching for.
Descendants of Richard Finley
Generation No. 1
1. RICHARD1 FINLEY was born Abt. 1803 in KY. He married REBECCA GRIFFITH?, daughter of GRIFFITH? and CATHERINE. She was born Abt. 1809 in AL.
Children of RICHARD FINLEY and REBECCA GRIFFITH? are:
2. i. ROBERT WOOD2 FINLEY, b. Abt. 1833, MO; d. 1900, Commerce, MO.
ii. JOHN FINLEY, b. Abt. 1839.
iii. SARAHANN FINLEY, b. Abt. 1841.
iv. ISAAC N. FINLEY, b. Abt. 1843.
v. PERNICIA FINLEY, b. Abt. 1845.
vi. THOMAS M. FINLEY, b. Abt. 1846.
Generation No. 2
2. ROBERT WOOD2 FINLEY (RICHARD1) was born Abt. 1833 in MO, and died 1900 in Commerce, MO. He married (1) LUCY IRVIN. She died Bet. 1861 - 1865 in Commerce, MO. He married (2) JULIA RIGGS October 26, 1865 in Commerce, MO. She was born November 19, 1828 in McMennenville, TN, and died July 1929 in Commerce, MO.
Child of ROBERT FINLEY and LUCY IRVIN is:
3. i. RICHARD MONTGOMERY3 FINLEY, b. Bet. 1853 - 1862, Scott Co., MO; d. 1918, Benton, Scott Co., MO.
ii. another possible child unknown
Children of ROBERT FINLEY and JULIA RIGGS are:
iii. SELSIA3 FINLEY.
iv. ROBERT WOOD FINLEY.
Generation No. 3
3. RICHARD MONTGOMERY3 FINLEY (ROBERT WOOD2, RICHARD1) was born Bet. 1853 - 1862 in Scott Co., MO, and died 1918 in Benton, Scott Co., MO. He married NANNIE ELIZABETH STONE, daughter of PARHAM STONE and ELIZABETH WALKER. She died 1926.
Children of RICHARD FINLEY and NANNIE STONE are:
i. CLAUD RICHARD4 FINLEY, b. November 25, 1892, Commerce, MO; d. September 02, 1931, Chaffee, MO; m. ELSA HUNTER GREEN, April 24, 1920, Scott Co., MO; b. September 27, 1897, Oak Ridge, MO; d. January 1985, Cape Girardeau, MO.
ii. GLEN FINLEY.
iii. MABLE FINLEY.
iv. WALKER FINLEY.
v. HARLEY FINLEY.
vi. JULIA ELIZABETH FINLEY.
vii. ROLAND FINLEY.
I would also appreciate any info on the location of the graves of any of the above. Claud R. Finley whose grave had a new stone placed on it within the last ten or fifteen years, is buried in a small cemetery that should be in the Commerce vicinity. However, it is not any of the better known Commerce cemeteries.