Search for content in message boards

Ruth Jane (Lanham) Carter; obituary, death certificate, cemetary look-up

Replies: 8

Re: Ruth Jane (Lanham) Carter; obituary and cemetary look-up

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 7:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carter, Cook, Hartline, Lanham,
If you are descended from this family, then we are likely cousins in more that one way. Moses Cook and Lousia (Carter) Cook are my ggg granparents through my grandmothers line. I descend from Laura (Cook)(Allen) Lanham.

Recently, I discovered a document that confirms that John Calvin Carter and Lousia (Carter) Cook were siblings. I had the guardianship documents for the children sent from Union County, and in that material is a document wherein Moses Cook, requests that Willis Cauble be appointed the guardian of John Calvin Carter's children. Moses cites his authority to do so as being the "unkle" of the children. Thus providing the connection to Louisa.

What can you tell me about Louisa and Moses. Do you have any documentation regarding Julia Ann. Something showing that she was a sibling of Louisa? I am trying to track more information down about the parents of the children by trying to trace the children. After discovering a death certificate for Jackson Carter, one of the sons of "Calvin" and Rachel (Hartline) Carter, I'm not so sure anymore that John Calvin and his siblings were from Hardin County, Illinois. Jackson's death certificate said his father was born in Marian, Kentucky. I have not discovered if this would actaully be in the county of Marion or the town of Marion. If so, it is possible that Calvin was born in Hardin Co., Kentucky. Where I have discovered Carters living about the time that Calvin was born. Still trying to make a connection however.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SParkhurst866... 30 Apr 2002 7:03PM GMT 
SParkhurst866... 9 Oct 2002 2:35PM GMT 
angela_deloss... 4 Jan 2007 9:40PM GMT 
SParkhurst866... 4 Jan 2007 10:22PM GMT 
angela_deloss... 4 Jan 2007 10:50PM GMT 
SParkhurst866... 5 Jan 2007 2:23PM GMT 
bwcook1972 12 Jul 2013 9:22PM GMT 
SParkhurst866... 15 Jul 2013 1:28PM GMT 
angela_deloss... 4 Jan 2007 9:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions