Search for content in message boards

Looking for information

Replies: 2

Re: Looking for information

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 10:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear rdowney, I tried to send a message earlier but don't know if it was successfully sent. Anyway, I do have limited information about Ben Algermissen ("Uncle Ben"). Ben was the brother-in-law of my maternal grandmother (Mary Algermssen, nee, Mary Sutter). She married Edward Algermissen (about 1910) and they had two daughters (Mary Estelle, my mother) and Margarite Algermissen Prater, later Mann). Margarite is now 101 years old and lives in SW St. Louis. Mary married Edward Ruppert (my father). I recall making frequent trips to St. Peter's and St. Charles as a young child to visit my mother's and grandmother's relatives. Uncle Ben was sometimes at these gathers of Algermissens, Sutters, and Iffrigs. I vaguely recall Ben and have a couple of photos of him - one, I believe taken in St. Charles (or St. Peter's), the other a newspaper photo of an Algermissen family reunion in the 1960s(?). I am not certain, but I believe that Ben and his siblings were the grandchildren of Henry whose family (the Algermissens) were expelled from Germany (Algermissen, Lower Saxony) after the failure of the wide spread 1848 rebellion. If you are still interested I can send you the photos I mention. And I think I have a family tree wherein the Algermissen's play a significant part.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rdowney 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
PaulaCollins8... 7 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
davideruppert 20 Jul 2013 4:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions